The mission of Lyell Federal Credit Union is to ensure that our members think
of us first for their financial needs. We do this through equal treatment of all
our members, quality service, and a variety of products offered at competitive rates.
What is a Credit Union?
A credit union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative that is owned and democratically
controlled by its membership. Its focus is to serve members and its function is
to promote thrift, to provide a convenient, inexpensive source of credit, and to
furnish a means by which its members educate themselves in the management of their
own financial affairs.
Our Field of Membership Has Recently Expanded!
The field of Membership for Lyell Federal Credit Union shall be extended to
those having the following common bonds:
- All persons who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school within
the geographic boundaries of Monroe County, NY.
- An immediate family/household member of someone who lives, works,
worships, volunteers, or attends school within the geographic boundaries of
Monroe County, NY. (An immediate family member consists of spouse, child,
parent, grandparent, grandchild, brother, sister).
- Immediate family/household members of any CURRENT Lyell Federal Credit
Union members are also eligible for membership.
- Retirees of Delco Products and ITT (and their immediate family/household
- Employees and retirees of Valeo Wiper, Rochester, NY( and their
immediate family/household members).
Your deposits are insured by the
National Credit Union Administration, which
is a department of the Federal Government, to at least $250,000 per account.